In accordance with Governor Abbott's Executive Order issued on March 31, 2020 regarding school operations as it relates to COVID-19, The Lamplighter School will be closed through Sunday, May 3, with a tentative reopen date of Monday, May 4. We are coordinating with area independent schools and will continue to evaluate the situation on a regular basis.
The Lamplighter School will conduct distance learning until school reopens. The School will share online lessons four times a week for Early Childhood (Pre-K, Kindergarten, and T1) and three times a week for Lower School (Grades 1 – 4). The lessons will be available through Seesaw, an academic educational continuity platform that you may access via the Parent Portal.
Messages to the Lamplighter CommunityApril 1, 2020
March 25, 2020
March 18, 2020
March 12, 2020
March 9, 2020
March 2, 2020
- 3rd Grade Jacket Fitting
- Milk & Cookies for newly admitted students
- Meetings with Stephen Scott, incoming Assistant Head for Teaching and Learning - Lower School
- Grade Level Adventure for the Class of 2020
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has outlined the need for all communities to implement a social distancing protocol. We want to reiterate a request to our broader community to take the following reasonable precautions to prevent the spread of the illness:
- Don’t shake hands
- Wash your hands regularly
- Limit movement within the community, especially avoiding crowded placed and maintaining 3 to 6 ft of distance between people (at least an arm’s length)
- If you are moving around in the community, don’t congregate in large groups
- For those who have traveled to areas with known COVID-19 cases – both inside and outside of the country – we ask that you self-quarantine and monitor for symptoms. Students who have traveled should plan to stay home for two weeks after arriving home.
- If you suspect you have symptoms of COVID-19, call your health care provider for medical advice .
- Keep your child at home if he/she feels ill, even if you think it is just a cold.
- Do not leave the house if you are ill, except to access medical care